Tuesday, November 27, 2012

1. Noun = a thing, name or place

John
house
jumper
Paris


2. Adjective = describes a noun

big
small
funny


3. Verb = a doing word

run
jump
sing
sit
eat


4. Adverb = describes a verb

slowly
quickly
reluctantly


5. Infinitive = these are verbs which start with 'to'
to run
to jump
to sit
to eat

In French and Spanish these are the words which you will find in the dictionary that haven't already been conjugated
jouer - to play
manger - to eat
boire - to drink
aller - to go

bailar - to dance
comer - to eat
cantar - to sing
ir - to go
estudiar - to study


6. Present tense = something that is happening now or that happens in general
I am going to the shop/I go to the shop every day


7. Past tense = this is something which has already happened
I went to the shop.
I used to go to the shop.


8. Future tense = something which is going to (will) happen
I am going to go to the shop (don't confuse this with 'I am going to the shop').
I will go to the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.
All comments will be moderated.
Don't write your full name - just put first name, surname or initials.